- Homepage: https://hexapdf.gettalong.org
- Source Code: gettalong/hexapdf
- Rubygem: https://rubygems.org/gems/HexaPDF
- Project Start: 30. August 2014
- Status: maintained
HexaPDF is a pure Ruby library with an accompanying application for working with PDF files. In short, it allows
- creating new PDF files,
- manipulating existing PDF files,
- merging multiple PDF files into one,
- extracting meta information, text, images and files from PDF files,
- securing PDF files by encrypting them and
- optimizing PDF files for smaller file size or other criteria.
HexaPDF was designed with ease of use and performance in mind. It uses lazy loading and lazy computing when possible and tries to produce small PDF files by default.
It uses cmdparse for its command line application.
The library is released under the GNU Affero General Public License (AGPL), with commercial licenses also being available.